First shop for your favorite veggies and some Mason jars. Make sure to buy Mason jars that are large enough. After they are cleaned and ready to go, then chop the veggies in small chunks.
Mexican Mason Jar Salad
Dressing: Your favorite salsa
I found these new mason jars made specifically for salad in a jar. It has a separate container for your dressing. You can get them here.
Salad in a jar tips:
- Put heavier ingredients on bottom like quinoa and put lighter ingredients on top like lettuce. I always put lettuce on the top.
- Put dressing in a separate container if not eating right away.
- If eating immediately, put dressing on bottom of container and then add all ingredients on top.
- The veggies will keep for about 4-5 days in the jar well without dressing. You can make a few for the week when meal prepping.
- When ready to eat it, throw dressing on top, put lid on and shake until dressing coats all ingredients.
- You can eat out of jar with a fork or pour it into a bowl if jar doesn’t work for you.