The Super Bowl is around the corner and that means…SNACK TIME! Most snack food items at a Super Bowl party are processed foods full of fat, sugar, GMO’s and other chemicals. It may taste good at the time, but you will pay for it later. I am a fit foodie and always look for healthier alternatives because that is what a Healthinista does, right? What you eat is what you wear and you don’t want to wear an inflammation suit of chemicals, trust me! Does not look good on anyone! You can still have your favorite fun snacks but without all the bad fat and calories. Try these cauliflower buffalo bites in place of buffalo wings. They are AH-MAZING to feast on. I found a great recipe on the internet years back and it is has been one of my favorite snacks that go fast at a party. Make sure to make plenty because they will not last long!
1 head organic cauliflower chopped into bite size piece
½ cup organic brown rice flour
½ cup filtered water
¼ teaspoon of organic garlic powder
Pinch of Himalayan sea salt
Batter to make halfway through to coat–
1 tsp. Earth Balance butter melted
½ cup of your favorite organic buffalo sauce (I use Wing Time from Whole Foods)
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- In a small bowl, combine brown rice flour, water, garlic powder and salt. Mix thoroughly with a whisk.
- Dip cauliflower pieces in the batter until coated evenly, then place on a parchment paper sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until the batter hardens, then flip with a spatula and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Whisk together hot sauce and Earth Balance butter in a small bowl.
- When the cauliflower is finished, take a brush and evenly brush each piece with the hot sauce mixture or dip cauliflower into batter.
- Bake coated cauliflower for an additional 8-10 minutes, or until cauliflower is crispy, and sauce is absorbed.
- Remove from oven.
- Let cauliflower bites set out for at least 20 minutes before serving and enjoy!